The Expert Team Forum

"Sometimes when you fill a vacuum, it still sucks."

Suggestions about blog comments and post moderation

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Thrawn
Post subject: Suggestions about blog comments and post moderation
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:26 pm

1. Seeing how the blog doesn't have a comment function, may I suggest creating one thread per (new) blog post here, then link to them at the bottom of the blog posts, so people can write comments and contribute to the site in this way.

2. Currently, it seems forum posts need to be approved by the administrator before being published. I of course understand that this is necessary to protect the forum from spam, but it's also somewhat inconvenient. Maybe this system could be replaced with some kind of spam protection extension instead? This might also reduce the work that needs to be done by the admin to keep spam out.

Depending on what's okay for the admin, internal spam processing could be used, or you could rely on external services such as Akismet or hCaptcha, for which phpBB extensions exist.

What do you think?

[ img ]
[The GAT @ XIN.at], my blog about software backports, hacks and other random stuff.
QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love!

Profile Quote
NojusK
Post subject: Re: Suggestions about blog comments and post moderation
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:02 pm
The Admin

Hello, Thrawn! Smile

First of all, I had initial toughs of making a PHP commenting system for my blog posts, as seen here but as far as my programming skills go, it's a no-go for me, but even If I managed to have a duct-taped version running, it would also ender the forum useless, something I don't want.

Secondly, the inconvenience of having to approve posts for new users is definitely not fun, however, I have used Akismet back when I had WordPress, so I guess I will settle with that.

Light Blue Ribbon Campaign for Freedom of Skin
Former q4OS user, I used to be a Windows XP/Server 2003 addict... But Windows 2000 and Windows 7 is way more awesome IMO... :wink:

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Blog”
Jump to: